Monday, May 26, 2008

Talk about Kissing a Belly Dump Truck.

So shortly after returning from Ireland, Tami and I were in my car. We were driving along, and all of a sudden a dump truck slams on his breaks, and we didn’t have time to react as quickly, and we slammed into his rear-end. Of course, my car is totaled after that kiss of death. We found out later, that apparently, there was a car in front of the dump trucks that had apparently missed his turn, and so with on coming traffic behind him, he decided to back-up to the street he missed. This is what caused the accident.

A side note: I was in the middle of moving the visor from the window, back to the front windshield when I noticed we were not going to make it and stopped. Let me tell you, I never thought it true before, but visors have teeth. Tami and I both ended up with many bruises and some achy muscles. I had to get a few stitches, but again nothing big. Thank goodness, we were both ok and fine, and baby Zane was not with us in the car. I know in this picture it looks like I could take first in a beauty pageant, but control your jealous feelings; the Bride of Frankenstein will come out to play later.

6 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

I'm so glad you're okay!!! Hugs & Love to you!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Honey - I am just so, so, so glad the you are ok! And like I said in my email - stitches are sexy!

Elder Nathan Askins said...

I am so glad you are alright. The picture is...beautiful. I'm all for using it with the Christmas cards this year! We haven't talked in forever. We need to get together soon!

Anonymous said...

OH MY NADINE!!! Glad you're okay! I'm coming to AZ the end of July! Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Glad to hear you are doing okay. I hate stupid drivers.

Katy B. said...

Oh Nadine! I am so sorry. Dumb arizona drivers! What was that car thinking? I'm glad you are all right.:):):)