We had got to Ireland, picked up our luggage, and headed to our bus. Boy did we ever look like tourists. We had no idea where we were going or how to get there, but we wanted to do it as cheap as possible. So we boarded a bus, talk about some scary drivers out there. If they can get their car through a little enough spot, they’ll do it. Then we were dropped off about a 10-minute walk from our hotel. Normally, this would not be a problem, but when you can’t find the street signs to tell you what street you are on, it is a little difficult to find your way. So during our walk we went through a little bit of a rough part of town….. not that I blame her, but I think Mom thought I was taking her to get mugged or to death row. Then, after a couple of nice guys helped us, we soon found our way to our hotel room.
Later that night, our first night in the hotel is when Mom decided to get sick. Poor thing ended up spending most of her trip getting real cozy with her bed.
.jpg)
She was finally feeling good enough to leave the hotel room one day, and we were able to go sightseeing together, which was fun. We did the Viking Splash tour. We saw the Dublin Castle. We went shopping for souvenirs. We had fun.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Although it might have been a little much for Mom, she ended up in bed again the next day. (She just must have really missed that bed :o)
On our way back into the country, it seemed like we were taking forever to get through customs. Then when we did get back to the Sky Harbor Airport, they lost our luggage, but at least we were coming home instead of going out. I think Mom had, had enough. Wow, what a trip!!!
.jpg)
I’ll try and get a couple of layouts done from the trip and post them as soon as I get a chance.
1 comment:
I am excited to hear about your trip more in depth! When will I see you again?
Post a Comment